Filling KRA returns has been easy nowadays and you can do it from the comfort of your living room using your phone. In this article, we’re going to look at how to file Nil KRA returns.
How do I file KRA nil returns online?
It’s pretty simple, to go to the iTax portal, enter your pin, click continue and enter your password. If you do not remember your password, click on forgot password/unlock account and answer the question on the security stamp. Click Submit and the password will be sent to your registered email address.
Once you logged in,
- Update the professional details and go to the returns menu
- Click file nil return
- Select the tax obligation and click Next
- Enter the return period from and return
- Click Submit and download the return receipts.
How to file Income Tax Employment Income Only
GO TO iTax
- Enter your KRA PIN and then click Continue. Enter your password and security stamp (arithmetic sum) and click Log In.
GO TO THE RETURNS MENU
- Select ITR For Employment Income from the Returns Menu. Only
ENTER RETURN PERIOD
- Enter the Return Period, check the box next to ‘Do you have employment income?’ and click ‘Next.’
FILL IN THE RETURN INFORMATION
- Answer the appropriate questions under basic information and click ‘Next.’
CONFIRM THE DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT INCOME
- Go to Section F, Employment Income Details, and confirm the name and PIN of your employer, Gross Pay, and other allowances as listed on your P9 form.
CONFIRM DETAILS OF PAYE DEDUCTED
- Go to Sheet M and confirm the details of PAYE deducted, taxable salary, chargeable pay, tax payable on taxable salary, and PAYE deducted. Details can be changed to suit your P9.
ENTER THE DETAILS OF INCOME TAX PAID IN ADVANCE
- Record any payments made prior to filing the return in Section Q.
- Proceed to Section T, Tax Calculation. Enter the amount of your defined/pension contribution (as determined by your P9 actual employee contribution) and personal relief. After clicking ‘Submit,’ save the E-return acknowledgment receipt.