Kenya Power and Lighting Company famously known as Kenya Power or KPLC owns and operates the majority of the country’s electricity transmission and distribution system. The company serves over 8 million Kenyans countrywide. With this in mind, Kenya Power introduced the KPLC self service to help ease the never-ending long queues at their offices.
To access the KPLC self service,
- Go to the Kenya Power website,https://kplc.co.ke/
- Click on Apply at the self service portal
- Log in with your details if you’re already registered
- Click on register if you haven’t registered already and complete the process
POSTPAID – 888888
- Select Pay Bill from the Sim Tool Kit or Mpesa app.
- Enter the Kenya Power Lighting company pay bill 888 888.
- Input your Kenya Power account number, for example, 183457.
- Enter the payment amount, which should be between KSH 100 and KSH 35,000.
- Press send and wait for the confirmation SMS
- Go to the MPesa menu on the sim toolkit or Mpesa app
- Select pay bill
- Enter the business number,888880
- Next, input your account number, this is your meter number e.g 37180000000
- Enter the amount you wish to spend,(Not less than Ksh 50)
- Lastly, enter your Mpesa pin and wait for the SMS confirmation.
KPLC customer care
- Contact Centre hotline numbers 97771 or 0703070707
- Dial *977#
- 0732170170 for service-related enquiries
- Twitter- @KenyaPower
KPLC power interruption today
To check for planned power interruptions or power outages by KPLC go to www.kplc.co.ke/planned-power-interruptions
To check your bill,
- Log in to the Kenya Power website
- Go to the self-service menu
- Enter your account number or meter number
- Press search, after a few seconds the last token you toped up will be displayed
How do I check my KPLC bill via SMS?
- Open your SMS/Message App
- Enter the KPLC number to send to – 95551
- Enter the first part of your account number as the message e.g 3718 and send
- After a minute or so, you will receive an SMS from KPLC’s E-bill system with your electricity account details
Notably, the SMS charges Ksh 5 and it works with Airtel, Safaricom, and Telkom lines.