M-PESA global is a service that allows registered M-PESA users to send and receive money from anywhere in the world. In this article, we will be looking at the process of sending money globally using the service, and the partners of M-Pesa in the service.
How do I use M-PESA global?
- Dial *840# on your Safaricom line to opt-in
- Agree/accept terms and conditions
- Lastly, select “send money abroad”
You can also use the M-Pesa App
- Log in to your M-Pesa App
- Go to the Transact menu and select Global
- Enter your region, Opt-in, and continue the process
Once you complete the process, you’ll be able to send money to;
- Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda
- When in Tanzania, dial *150*00# followed by “Send money to MPESA Kenya” on your Vodacom line.
- Dial *165# from your MTN line in Uganda to send money to Kenya.
- Dial *830# from your MTN line in Rwanda to send money to Kenya.
- You can send money to over 500,000 Western Union locations worldwide and millions of bank accounts.
- PayPal mobile money service with M-PESA allows you to access funds quickly and shop around the world.
What is a country’s ISO code?
This is a two-letter abbreviation for country names, such as ZA for South Africa, TD for Chad, KE for Kenya, UG, TZ, and so on. Notably, ISO isn’t always the first two letters of a country’s name.
How much money can be sent using M-Pesa Global?
The minimum amount of money that can be sent using the service is 101 KES and the Maximum amount is 70,000 KES. Notably, the amount may change with time.
Also, the recipient will receive funds in the currency of their home country.
M-PESA global transfer charges
There are no fees, though the current forex rates apply.
M-PESA global key partners
In order to make the service fast and reliable, Safaricom has partnered with;
- Western Union
- MTN Uganda
- Post Finance
- MTN Rwanda
- Vodacom Tanzania
- Transfer Galaxy
- Xpress Money
How do I reach customer care?
Dial 100 or 200 on your Safaricom line
We hope you find this article useful, let us know when you’re planning to use the M-Pesa global service.
M-Pesa Global Pay
Safaricom in partnership with Visa has come up with the M-Pesa Global pay Visa virtual card. This virtual card will allow secure cashless payments for Kenyan consumers who can use it to shop on over 100 million merchants in over 100 countries.
In addition, those using the M-Pesa Globalpay Visa virtual card won’t incur forex conversion costs on online payments billed in Kenya Shillings.
Services you can pay using the M-Pesa Globalpay Visa virtual card include;
- AliExpress, among others
How to activate M-Pesa Global Pay
- Dial *334# on your Safaricom line
- Select option 6, Lipa Na M-Pesa
- Go to option 5, M-PESA GlobalPay
- Enter the option to agree to the terms and conditions
- Enter your M-Pesa Pin to complete the process
On the M-Pesa App;
- Go to Pay or Grow
- Select M-Pesa Globalpay
- Complete the process